Tuesday, November 4, 2008
How to tame the wild beast called a teenage girl?
Now that I teach only females I have really noticed the petty stuff that girls argure about and do. They love to talk about each other and no matter what you do they continue to do it. They are so loud and boy crazy. It seems that they are always energetic and just driving me crazy. I cannot leave with a headache everyday like ive been. What can I do to tame the wild beast called the teenage girl?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Rena,
I work with High school girls quite a bit these days. Now, it is a slightly different ball game becuase I don't see them face to face during class time.
However, they seem to gravitate to my live classes more than the boys do. They also tend to put more into the assignment I give them.
Perhaps it is because I don't give terribly challening physical tasks. It could also have to do with appealing to their less competitive side as well since I do not do too much with sports topics.
I don't know that you will get around some of the social aspects but I would consider keeping this group so busy during the class time that they do not have time for all the cackling you normally experience.
I know that sounds very simplistic but it is one thing that comes to mind. Maybe certain students have to set up things to start class, maybe others start to lead a warm-up. Perhaps others take notes and put together the "minutes' of the lesson. Maybe another helps to post something on-line and etc....
I know you have a "tough" crowd but anything is probably worth a try.
Post a Comment