Monday, October 20, 2008
Baby Budget Project
Each nine weeks in my 10th health class which is healthy relationships and teen pregnancy I have my students complete a Baby Budget Project. The only thing these kids actually think about is money. So i figured that this is another perspective to look at to help prevent teen pregnancy. I have my students figure out the cost of raising a baby from conception through the first year of life. They do not realize everything that a baby needs and the cost that goes a long with it. When the students get the grand total they are usually shocked. Then we have a discussion about the cost and remind them that this is only till age 1 and that you must care for a child through age 18.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I would also recommend a break down of time it takes to take care of a baby. It is more than a full time job.
I think this is a good project for the students. Hopeful The students will be smart about having sex and they will use some type of birth control so they do not have any kids until they ready. Form the stories that you have told me about your students you should probably make them do more projects like this.
Post a Comment