Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Family Tree Project
I had my middle students as a culminating project to a non communicable disease unit do a family tree project. They had to go ask questions at home about family members. I gave them an outline to take home and fill out. They must find out family members names, whether they smoked or smoked and quit and if they had any of the non communicable diseases that we spoke about. I am trying to make students aware of the common diseases that run in their family so they know what type of precautions they need to take to avoid problems of their own later. Once the outline is finished student had to draw out their family tree listing all information requested. Students seem to enjoy the project and reflect in a journal once they see all results.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That sounds like a great idea. We also talk about non-communicable diseases and I like the fact that you related that to their family and made it relevant.
Post a Comment