Thursday, October 9, 2008
Zumba
The last two days in PE were some of the most exciting I have had in my career. I brought in a Zumba instructor to introduce the new group fitness craze. I personally take it twice a week and love it, but I am not comfortable teaching it yet. The instructor came and taught my classes for two days. We even incorporated spanish classes as a part of their curriculum. Both the guys and girls LOVED Zumba. They keep asking me if they can continue to do Zumba as a part of our curriculum. I was suprised that the boys enjoyed it as much as they did. Overall it was a positive experience that my kids enjoyed and it is a great workout.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That sounds great! What age level are the students? I have 7th and 8th grade boys and girls. I'm not sure what they would think. I would love to try it myself as well. It seems like a lot of fun and when something is new it's even more exciting. I bet they are glad to have you as a teacher.
Ooooooh! Some of my girls have been asking me if we could do that in our classes. I'm glad you had a positive experience with it! If it was that well received by your kids, I'm even more inclined to try it with mine! That's awesome. Congrats on the great week!
Post a Comment